[contact-form-7 id="856" title="Pop-up Form" html_class="use-floating-validation-tip"]

Main Content

Decrease Taxes on Your Crow Wing County Home

Property taxes on your Crow Wing County home are one of those things that no one really likes to pay. Filing for a homestead application may save you money on your 2013 taxes, and it may affect property tax refund eligibility if you are eligible. You have until December 15, 2012 to file for your homestead application.

The Crow Wing County Land Services Department is doing its best to make sure all Crow Wing County residents are aware of the benefit and are encouraging all eligible homeowners to apply. “Receiving homestead on your property can make a substantial reduction to your property taxes,” noted Gary Griffin Land Services Supervisor.

To qualify for the homestead application you will need to meet one of the requirements below.

  • You purchased a property in the past year and you, or a qualifying relative, occupy the property as your primary residence on December 1, 2012; or
  • You, or a qualifying relative, occupy the property as your primary residence and the property is currently classified as seasonal or non-homestead.

A qualifying relative for a residential property would include parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece of the owner. The relative can be by blood or marriage. A qualifying relative for agricultural property may be a child, grandchild, sibling, or parent of the owner or spouse of the owner.

Applications are available at www.co.crow-wing.mn.us, in person at 322 Laurel St, Suite 15, Brainerd, or by calling (218) 824-1010.

If you are looking to buy or sell a home in Crow Wing County this winter, contact me, Bill Grunewald. My team and I enjoy helping folks like you find just the right spot to live your northern Minnesota Lake Country dream.

Bill Grunewald/ Edina Realty.
Licensed in Minnesota/ Lic # 20204156